- Million Miles Sweepstakes
Enter for your chance to win the Million Miles Sweepstakes compliments of American Airlines Cruises
All you have to do is sign up for our weekly cruise newsletter for your chance to win a dream cruise for two, as well as your share of one million AAdvantage® miles. You'll also receive unparalleled access to exclusive bonus offers and last-minute savings of up to 75% on cruises around the world – at guaranteed best rates.
One (1) grand prize winner will receive:
- 500,000 AAdvantage® miles
- One (1) cruise for two valued at $3,000
Five (5) first prize winners will receive 100,000 AAdvantage® miles
Simply fill out our online entry form, and you'll be eligible to win. For more information, see Complete Sweepstakes Rules below.
Submitting an e-mail address for the drawing is also a request to receive our cruise e-mail. You may unsubscribe at any time after entering the drawing. Current subscribers to our e-mail are also eligible to win. See complete details.
Best Rate Guarantee: You must have first purchased a cruise through American Airlines Cruises. The lower advertised rate must be a price found for the same cruise - same ship, sailing dates and cabin category. Guarantee applies only to rates available to the general public. It does not apply to consolidator, group, incentive, interline, meeting, or convention rates that are not available to the general public. You must meet all requirements for the lower advertised rate (residency requirements for regional specials, age-related discounts, etc.). Guarantee applies only to the cost of the cruise (including port charges). Promotional packages, group deals, air or land components, shipboard credit, travel insurance, transfers, pre- or post-cruise hotel stays, and shore excursions are not eligible. Taxes and fees, which vary by itinerary, are not included. To claim a refund, you must contact us prior to your sailing date and within 48 hours of your purchase. The lower advertised rate must be available for booking at the time you contact us. Your refund request will be reviewed and we will determine whether you have met the necessary requirements. If your refund request is approved, the credit card used to purchase your cruise will be credited 110% of the price difference within 7-10 business days of final approval. If only a deposit has been made, then the final amount due will be adjusted to reflect the lower rate. Guarantee may be modified or cancelled at any time without prior notice or liability to you.
American Airlines "Million Miles Sweepstakes" (the "Sweepstakes")
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING A PRIZE.
- Timing: The "Sweepstakes Period" is from 12:00:01 am Eastern Time (ET) November 1, 2018 ("Sweepstakes-Start") to 11:59:59 pm ET January 31, 2019 ("Sweepstakes-End"). Sponsor's computer clock governs time.
- Eligibility: This Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents residing in the 50 United States and D.C., 21 years of age or older at the time of entry, who have Internet access and are the authorized user of an email address in the U.S. Void in all U.S. territories and possessions and where prohibited, licensed, restricted or taxed. Employees, officers, directors, agents, representatives and their immediate families (spouse, parents, children, siblings and each of their spouses regardless where they live) or members of household of World Travel Holdings, Inc. d/b/a aa.cruises.com ("Sponsor"), American Airlines, Inc. (“American” or “American Airlines”) and TMACO, LLC d/b/a THE MARKETING AGENCY ("Administrator"), their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, design, web design, web hosting and publicity agencies (the "Sweepstakes Entities") and anyone connected with the production or distribution of this Sweepstakes are not eligible to enter or be awarded a prize.
- How to Enter: This Sweepstakes is entered only on the Internet. Go to http://aa.cruises.com/sweepstakes and follow the on-screen instructions to enter your first name, a valid, working email address for which you are the authorized user and your zip code and submit during the Sweepstakes Period to receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes. Limit one (1) entry per person/email address during the Sweepstakes Period. Entries must be made by an individual from a stand-alone computer device and may not be made by proxy or any electronic/automated means such as script, bot, macro, or any other similar software or program. You may not enter with multiple emails and/or multiple identities nor may you use any other device or artifice to obtain more than the maximum number of entries. All discovered entries made in violation of these rules will be disqualified. YOU MUST SUPPLY AN ACCURATE, FUNCTIONING EMAIL ADDRESS, FOR WHICH YOU ARE THE AUTHORIZED USER, FOR YOUR ENTRY TO BE ELIGIBLE AND TO BE NOTIFIED. "Authorized user" is defined as the natural person who is assigned an email address by an Internet mail provider, Internet access provider, online service provider or organization (e.g. business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the email address. In the case of a dispute regarding who submitted a particular online entry, the entry will be deemed submitted by the Authorized user of the email account. By entering this Sweepstakes, you agree to receive marketing e-mails from Sponsor and American about their products and services. You may unsubscribe from receiving these emails at any time by following the directions at the bottom of each email.
- Winner Selection: One (1) Grand Prize and five (5) First Prize (each, a “prize”) potential winners will be chosen in random drawings approximately sixty (60) days after Sweepstakes-End from all eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. Winners will be notified within five (5) days after the selection is made by email in Sponsor's sole discretion. It is an entrant's responsibility to keep his/her email address current and to monitor it. It is a potential winner's responsibility to respond to an email message notification within three (3) business days of email send-time with all requested information. All timely respondents will be sent an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability and (where legal) Publicity Release which they will be required to execute and return via fax or scan within three (3) business days of date on email notification. Failure to do so will indicate definitively that the prize has been declined and forfeited for all time and without further notice another potential winner will be chosen in random drawings. Neither Sponsor nor Administrator is responsible for electronic communications which are undeliverable as a result of any form of active or passive filtering of any kind or insufficient space in entrant's email account to receive email messages. Should a greater number of prize claims be received because of printing, emailing, phoning, messaging, programming errors or for any reason whatsoever, only the prizes and the values stated in these Official Rules will be awarded in the sole discretion of the Administrator according to these Official Rules.
Quantity, Prize, Approximate Retail Value (ARV): One (1) Grand Prize: 500,000 AAdvantage® miles will be awarded to the winner's AAdvantage® miles account. In addition, the Grand Prize winner will receive a $3,000 cruise voucher for redemption at aa.cruises.com and valid for travel until March 31, 2020. The cruise prize is subject to cabin availability, blackout dates and the Terms and Conditions of the cruise line chosen and includes ship accommodations, ocean transportation, onboard meals, some beverages and most entertainment aboard the ship. Winner will be responsible for all other expenditures over the $3,000 limit including, without limitation, transportation to/from departure port, all transfers, non-standard meals, alcoholic and some other beverages, gratuities, shore excursions, telephone, incidentals, personal expenses and travel/medical/baggage insurance. Winner must book travel through aa.cruises.com, who will contact winner. Grand Prize cruise travel must be completed by March 31, 2020 or it will be forfeited in its entirety. Grand Prize ARV: $12,950.00. Five (5) First Prizes: 100,000 AAdvantage® miles will be awarded to the winner's account. First Prize ARV: $1,990.00. Should the actual value of any prize be less than the ARV stated, the difference will not be awarded in cash or kind. If a winner is not an AAdvantage Miles Award member s/he must create a free account at www.aa.com by clicking on “AAdvantage” and then on “Join AAdvantage Loyalty Program” in order to be awarded the miles. Miles accrued, awards, and benefits issued are subject to change and are subject to the terms and conditions of the AAdvantage Miles program, which are as follows:
If AAdvantage® miles are redeemed for air transportation, Winner(s) are responsible for the full cost of transportation to and from their departure and arrival city. Winner is responsible for any and all applicable fees, service charges, surcharges or passenger facility charges and all insurance costs, federal, state, local and foreign taxes, if any, gratuities, meals, incidentals and any other unspecified expenses associated with acceptance or use of the prize. AAdvantage® flight awards are subject to, and the passenger is responsible for, the September 11th Security Fee of $5.60 per one-way trip, per passenger, per award, applicable departure taxes, federal inspection fees, passenger facility charges depending on itinerary, and any other taxes and fees imposed by a government entity (U.S. or foreign) of up to $240 based on destination; total may vary slightly based upon currency exchange rate at time of purchase, as well as any fees or surcharges (including fuel surcharges) imposed by the carrier. U.S. government excise tax is a user tax to pay for airport construction and airway safety and operations. If ticketing is less than 21 days prior to departure, a $75.00 expedite charge will apply (waived for AAdvantage® Executive Platinum, AAdvantage® Platinum and AAdvantage® Gold members using miles from their account). A ticketing service charge of up to $45.00 will apply when ticketing via Reservations, American Airlines Travel Center or an Airport Ticket Office. (The ticketing service charge is waived for involuntary changes, reissued tickets, AAdvantage® award tickets issued within 21 days of travel and an expedite charge has been collected, AAdvantage® award tickets requested more than 21 days prior to departure that cannot be booked on aa.com, AAirpass® tickets, Government/military fare tickets, and prepaid tickets.) Some of these taxes, fees and other amounts may be due upon booking/ticketing the AAdvantage® award travel. American Airlines AAdvantage® miles will be credited to the AAdvantage® account of each Winner, or may be provided in the form of a Certificate as set forth below, who must provide a valid AAdvantage® membership number in order to receive the mileage credit. American Airlines AAdvantage® miles awarded in this Sweepstakes will not count toward elite status qualification, AAdvantage Million Milersm status or any other promotional benefit that American Airlines may offer in the AAdvantage® program. Winners who are not AAdvantage® members may join at no cost online at www.aa.com and click on AAdvantage® or by calling the AAdvantage® membership desk at 1-800-882-8880. The credited miles may thereafter be redeemed in any manner consistent with the AAdvantage® program Terms and Conditions, which are subject to change at any time without notice and can be found at www.aa.com/aadvantage when you click on Program Details and then click on AAdvantage® Terms and Conditions. Determination of income tax liability on AAdvantage® travel awards is the responsibility of the Winner. American Airlines may, among other things, (i) withdraw, limit, modify, or cancel any award; (ii) change program benefits, mileage levels, participant affiliations, conditions of participation, rules for earning, redeeming, retaining or forfeiting mileage credit, or rules for the use of travel awards; or (iii) add travel embargo dates, limit the number of seats available for award travel (including, but not limited to, allocating no seats on certain flights) or otherwise restrict the continued availability of travel awards or special offers. American Airlines reserves the right to change the AAdvantage® program and its terms and conditions at any time without notice, and to end the AAdvantage® program with six months notice. American Airlines may make any one or more of these changes at any time even though such changes may affect your ability to use the mileage credit or awards that you have already accumulated. AAdvantage® travel awards, accrued mileage credits and special offers are subject to government regulations. American Airlines is not responsible for products and services offered by other participating companies. For complete AAdvantage® program details, visit www.aa.com/aadvantage. Neither Sponsor nor American Airlines are liable for any expense incurred as a consequence of a flight cancellation or flight delay. Travel is subject to availability and certain other restrictions, which are subject to change in the sole discretion of American Airlines. Flight schedules subject to change without notice. If AAdvantage® miles are sent to the Winner in the form of a Certificate, the Certificate is not redeemable for cash. Certificate may not be transferred, purchased, sold or bartered. Only original Certificates will be honored. Certificate is void if reproduced, altered, counterfeited, obtained or used improperly. Lost, stolen, damaged or destroyed Certificates will not be replaced by American Airlines. Determination of income tax liability on mileage Certificates and AAdvantage® travel awards is the responsibility of the holder. The holder of the Certificate has only the limited right to surrender same to American Airlines in accordance with rules and conditions stated herein for crediting of mileage by American Airlines and subject to all AAdvantage® Terms and Conditions. Certificate must be deposited online at www.depositAAmiles.com to the AAdvantage® account of each Winner. Mileage credit can be deposited only once on or before the expiration date. AAdvantage® travel awards, accrued mileage credits and special offers are subject to government regulations. For complete depositAAmiles program details, visit www.depositAAmiles.com. For complete AAdvantage® program details, visit www.aa.com/aadvantage.
Winners should allow 6-8 weeks after Administrator’s receipt of your signed affidavit for miles to post to your account. Information in this communication that relates to the AAdvantage Miles Program does not purport to be complete or comprehensive and may not include all of the information that a member may believe is important, and is qualified in its entirety by reference to all of the information on the www.aa.com website and the AAdvantage Miles Program terms and conditions. American and AAdvantage Miles are registered service marks. By accepting a prize, winners acknowledge that the Sweepstakes Entities have neither made, nor are in any manner responsible or liable for, any warranty, representation or guarantee, expressed or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the prize or regarding the use, value or enjoyment of the prize.
- Odds: Odds of winning any prize depend on the total number of eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period.
- General: By participating in this Sweepstakes, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules. Sweepstakes administration, winner selection and verification will be conducted by the Administrator, the independent judging organization, whose decisions are final and legally binding. No entrant or winner shall have the right to contest any decision by the Administrator concerning any aspect of the Sweepstakes or the interpretation of the Official Rules or the determination as to the qualification of entries. Sponsor is not responsible for those who cannot access the Internet or cannot click-through for any period of time regardless of technical, hardware, software, telephone, Internet, network problems or virus contamination, force majeure, or human error and for delay, failure or malfunction for any reason. Sponsor and Administrator reserve the right to cancel/terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes if in Sponsor's and Administrator's sole determination it believes that the integrity of the Sweepstakes has been, or could be, compromised or that the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned or fairly, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, force majeure, human error or any other causes. Winners will be drawn from among all non-suspicious, eligible entries received up to the time of cancellation/termination. Administrator reserves the right to disqualify any entry from the Sweepstakes if in Administrator's sole judgment entrant has not complied with these Official Rules. Without limitation, all of an entrant's entries will be disqualified, at the sole discretion of Administrator, if entrant attempts (i) to enter the Sweepstakes through any means other than as described in these Official Rules; or (ii) provides information that is inaccurate or fraudulent; or (iii) attempts to disrupt the Sweepstakes or circumvent the terms and conditions of these Official Rules. Sweepstakes Entities assume no liability for damage caused to entrant's or any other person's/entity's computer hardware or device, software or communications network, regardless of cause. Only the prizes and their respective values listed in the Official Rules shall be awarded. Grand Prize winner and cruise travel companion (if winner chooses to travel with one) are responsible for: (i) all travel documents including, without limitation, a current, valid US Passport, visas if necessary and/or other identification documents acceptable to the cruise line, foreign governments of travel, the U.S. Transportation Security Administration ("TSA") and the U.S. Government; (ii) all medical requirements; (iii) respecting all local regulations; (iv) full compliance with the regulations of all venues; (v) traveling the entire cruise itinerary together; and (vi) Travel companion accompanying Grand Prize winner must sign and return the Liability and (where legal) Publicity Release prior to booking travel. Sponsor, American and the cruise line, as they may apply, have the right to refuse travel to anyone who does not have proper travel documents or who does not comply with all regulations or comport him/herself properly. There will be no substitution or compensation for a prize or part of a prize forfeited due to winner's or winner's companion's non-compliance with travel and venues' regulations or any other reason. By entering this Sweepstakes, each entrant explicitly releases, discharges and holds harmless the Sweepstakes Entities and all their respective shareholders, estates, assigns, employees, officers, directors, agents and representatives, one and all, from any and all liability, actions, causes of action, damages, actual, incidental or consequential, claims and demands whatsoever in law or equity, including all "costs", which s/he now has or may acquire, by reason of any personal injury, death, loss of or damage to property, or any reason, occurring during or arising out of his/her participation or non-participation in the Sweepstakes and the acceptance and use or misuse of a prize, including any travel related thereto. By accepting a prize, winner waives the right to (i) assert as a cost of winning the prize any and all costs of verification and redemption or travel to redeem said prize, and (ii) claim any liability (including attorney's fees and costs) which might arise from redeeming or seeking to redeem said prize (including any travel related thereto). The right to receive a prize is non-assignable and non-transferable and no prize substitution, exchange or cash equivalent will be allowed except by Sponsor who reserves the right to substitute a prize (or portion of a prize) of comparable or greater value. A prize or prize notification that is returned as undeliverable will disqualify the winner and an alternative winner shall be selected in random drawings. The Sweepstakes Entities shall not be responsible for technical, pictorial, typographical or editorial errors or omissions in any marketing materials or these Official Rules.
- All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. These Official Rules are governed by the laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts or any other jurisdiction). If any provision of the Sweepstakes shall be deemed to violate any federal, state or local law, regulation or ordinance, it shall be amended to conform to such law and all other provisions shall remain in full force and effect. If Sponsor is required by applicable federal, state or local law, regulation or ordinance, or by action of an administrative agency to cease offering the Sweepstakes in any jurisdiction, Sponsor reserves the right to (i) terminate the Sweepstakes in such jurisdiction in its entirety, and/or (ii) cancel and remove from participation in the Sweepstakes any and/or all entries from entrants residing in such jurisdiction, without penalty and without obligation to any Sweepstakes entrants. Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- Taxes: Any valuation of the prizes stated above is based on available information provided to the Sponsor. The value of the prizes will be taxable to winner as income. All federal, state and local taxes and any other costs and expenses associated with the acceptance and/or use of prize not specifically provided for in these Official Rules are solely the winner's responsibility. Winner is solely responsible for reporting and paying any and all applicable taxes. Winner must provide the Sponsor with valid identification and a valid taxpayer identification number or social security number before any prize will be awarded. All winners will have income reported to them on a 2019 IRS Form #1099 and a copy of said form will be sent to the IRS.
- Grant of Rights: Acceptance of the prize constitutes permission to use the winner's name, voice and likeness and any and all identifying characteristics (excluding address, phone and email address) for promotional, advertising and publicity purposes by Sponsor and American (including, without limitation, posting to the aa.cruises.com website and a Sweepstakes winners list); this permission includes, but is not limited to, the taking of photographs and/or videos by Sponsor's or American's photographer/videographer for publicity purposes, without further consent or compensation, unless prohibited by law and winner agrees to execute any and all documents requested by Sponsor to convey such rights to own all the results thereof. Nothing contained herein shall be deemed to obligate Sponsor or American to make use of any of the rights granted herein and winner waives any right to inspect or approve any such use of any and every nature and kind.
- Disputes: Entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or the prize awarded and all issues and questions concerning the validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively in a court of competent jurisdiction in Middlesex County, Massachusetts and all entrants agree to Middlesex County as the venue for any legal action without regard to conflict of laws doctrine. Any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes and never shall include consequential, incidental, multiplied or punitive damages, and in no event attorneys' or "experts' fees." Some jurisdictions will not recognize the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of Massachusetts and/or do not allow the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages, so the above may not apply to you.
By entering, you agree to receive at least one (1) of Sponsor's emailed newsletters and promotions from which you may unsubscribe at any time.
- For a Winners List - Send a self addressed, stamped, #10, business envelope to: Winners - American Airlines "Million Miles Sweepstakes" c/o The Marketing Agency, 2881 East Oakland Park Blvd., Suite 425, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33306. Requests must be received by May 30, 2019. No mechanically reproduced or photocopied requests allowed; only one (1) request per person or outer mailing envelope. You cannot enter the Sweepstakes using this address. Entries mailed to this address will be discarded.
Sponsor: This Sweepstakes is sponsored by World Travel Holdings, Inc., 100 Fordham Road, Building C, Floor 2, Wilmington, MA 01887 and is administered by The Marketing Agency, 2881 East Oakland Park Blvd., Suite 425, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33306. The Sweepstakes is not sponsored or administered by American Airlines, Inc.
Terms & Conditions
Price is in U.S. dollars per person based on two people staying in the same stateroom. Price does not include airport and/or government taxes and fees, nor does pricing include fuel supplements. Prices do not include government taxes and fees, airfare, or a non-refundable $24.99 processing fee per booking. All offers are for selected dates only, are subject to availability, are limited and apply to new bookings only. Your exact price depends on the time of the actual booking. Additional restrictions may apply. All prices and dates may not be available at the time of booking. Passengers receiving special rates based on residency or age will be required to show a government-issued form of identification (passport, or birth certificate and driver's license) at the pier to validate state of residency or age prior to boarding the cruise ship.
*Mileage awards are per stateroom and are awarded to only one passenger per cruise booking. Mileage awards are based on new bookings through American Airlines Cruises. Mileage earned is for cruises reserved through American Airlines Cruises on any of 20 cruise lines. American Airlines reserves the right to change the AAdvantage® program at any time without notice. American Airlines is not responsible for products or services offered by other participating companies. American Airlines and AAdvantage are registered trademarks of American Airlines, Inc. Please allow 6 - 8 weeks after cruising for miles to be posted to AAdvantage® account. For complete details about the AAdvantage® program, visit www.aa.com/aadvantage.
The American Airlines Cruises program is subject to certain rules and restrictions. Mileage awards are per stateroom and are awarded to only one passenger per cruise booking. Mileage earned is for cruises reserved through the American Airlines Cruises program only.
Minimum age requirements may apply.
Book an eligible stateroom on any qualifying sailing and receive a free upgrade! In some cases, you'll be upgraded to a more desirable location aboard your ship. In other instances, you'll be upgraded to a stateroom with extra space and/or a better view. It's also possible that you might receive all of these benefits. Select your sailing date to see which upgrades are available.